Sunday, June 10, 2018

Week 2 of my Internship

This week I had officially met my mentor and started my internship at the National Science Foundation.  My mentor explained to me the specifics of my job and my role in the team.  I've met everybody who I would be working with daily and everyone seemed friendly and helpful.  I wasn't given a big project this week but my mentor asked me to do some data mining on spreadsheets that was already been cleared, but she just wanted to see if I would come up with the same results as the rest of the team.  I admit I made a few errors but everyone was willing to help me correct them and explained to me on how not to make the same error twice.  I am working in a teamwork friendly environment.

With the help of mentor I also have been able to build up my networking portfolio this week.  The first day I met her, she asked me about my major and what was my career goals.  With the information I gave her she was able to think of people who were able to help me in the future.  The best part about it was they were working in the NSF building.  I wasn't able to meet everyone this week but it's nice to know that they are within walking distance.  She even told me of scholarship opportunities if I wanted to continue my education.  I feel that working for NSF will be beneficial to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment